This christmas crochet pattern will show you how to make a cute reindeer. This crochet reindeer will make a great christmas toy or can be used as an christmas ornament to decorate your home for the holidays. This is an intermediate crochet pattern however it does include a step by step photo tutorial so is suitable for adventurous beginners.
*This post may contain affiliate links meaning that if you make a purchase after using them, I earn a small commission, which helps support this blog at no additional cost to you. Keep in mind that I only link to quality products that I use myself and feel would be beneficial for my readers. You can read my full affiliate disclosure here for more information.
Reindeer Crochet Pattern Information
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Available in US and UK Crochet Terminology
- Finished Size: approx 10 inches or 26cm (when made with Paintbox Cotton DK)
- Includes step-by-step photo tutorial plus print-friendly pdf
Reindeer Pattern Materials
To make this christmas crochet pattern you will need the following materials.
Paintbox Cotton DK
[50g = 125m] or [1.7oz = 137 yards]
Yarn colours and yardage used:
- Fudge brown (light brown) – approx. 120m or 130 yards
- Vanilla Cream (natural/beige) – approx. 38m or 42 yards
- Black or Coffee bean (Dark Brown) – approx. 25m or 28 yards
- Rose Red – approx. 25m or 28 yards
- Champagne White – approx. 13m or 14 yards
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- Safety Eyes (10 or 12 mm)
- Black Embroidery thread or 4ply yarn for mouth
- Yarn Needle
- Toy stuffing
- Stitch markers
You can easily substitute with your favourite yarn, for the best results I recommend using a fine to medium weight yarn in Cotton or Acrylic. Another great cotton yarn I like to use to make my amigurumi is the Rainbow cotton yarn from Hobbii, this yarn is available in 8/4 = 4ply, 8/8 = dk and they also do a 8/6 which is somewhere in-between the other two. You can find the yarn here!
More christmas crochet patterns to try:
Crochet Pattern Abbreviations
The following stitches and techniques are used in this christmas reindeer pattern
- Approx. – approximately
- Ch – chain
- sl st – slip stitch
- st – stitch
- sts – stitches
- sc – single crochet
- Dc – double crochet
- Dec – decrease
- Inc – increase – 2 sc in the same stitch
- MC – magic circle/ring
Amigurumi Techniques and Skill required to make your reindeer
- changing colours
- joining yarn
- sewing amigurumi parts
- increase and decrease
New to amigurumi check out some of my tutorials below:
Have a question about this pattern?
You will find this crochet tutorial very easy to follow with clear written instructions and lots of process pictures to help you on your way. If you need help at any point or have questions or feedback regarding this pattern, you can send me a message here or by using any of the options below.